Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh Lizzie, I hope you understand...

Dear Lizzie-

Thank you so much for all you've done to help me clean up around the house the last 6 months. Since the day I brought you home, you have been so helpful and efficient. I've been so impressed by your work ethic and proudly brag to my friends and family about you. You really are great at what you do.

But I'm going to have to start exploring other options.

It's not you. It's me.

Well, it's a little you too.

While you do a fabulous job of sucking up the massive amounts of hair that our dog-children leave behind, you don't dust or clean toilets, you can't mop the floor or clean a mirror. You don't have the ability to bring that instant feeling of peace over me as soon as I smell Pine-Sol. And that, Lizzie, is not your fault. But it is what I really need.

So in a few days a nice lady will come and bring that peaceful smell with her. She will be an incredible help to me because, while I love a clean house, I just don't have the time or energy to clean after working 15 hour days. She will help me not to feel like a total failure as a wife and housekeeper every time I look around our home. And that makes her a pretty special woman in my book.

Please understand that you are still needed, valued and loved. You will still be used, although I may let the nice lady take you for a spin. You're still my favorite vacuum.

Hugs and kisses,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment