Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Shared Post....

So I know it's been a while since I posted and I have no excuse, except that I have been super busy. So I am going to make it up to you....sort of.

I don't have time to talk about what I really want to talk about (my birthday!!), so I'll share with you a post from the Green Line Marketing site. Every Monday for the last few weeks, we've featured one of our team members. The features are silly and have little to do with marketing, but we want our clients to get to know us a little better.

This week was my turn. My apologies to those who have already seen this.

25 Random Things about “The Boss”

25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about GLMG’s Head Honcho, Meghan Heimke:


1. I love the smell of Pine-Sol. Seriously; sometimes I just fill my sink with it so my house will smell clean.

2. I went to college to be an elementary school teacher, but soon realized that God did not bless me with the necessary amount of patience needed to have that job.

3. I love The Bachelor, even though it has a low success rate and the girls are a little psycho. It’s quality entertainment.


4. I know that chocolate and caffeine will give me migraines, but sometimes I just can’t resist the temptation.

5. I love Reba McEntire. As a child, I would pretend I had big, red curly hair and would perform for my family.“Fancy” was my name.

6. I like to think I’m in better shape than I am.

7. My family is God’s most precious gift to my life.


8. I have a terrible memory. Interestingly, I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, but I can remember every word to old country music songs I haven’t heard in a decade (see #5).

9. In fifth grade I got an unfortunate perm that shrunk my hair to above my ears. Roy Green sat next to me and nicknamed me “Poodle.” I think he liked me, I was obviously a babe.


10. I don’t like to be on camera; I’d rather my clients be front and center and me be behind the scenes.

11. I love to read memoirs and fiction-but only if it’s realistic. Unless it’s the Twilight series. I heart Edward Cullen.


12. I tend to exaggerate sometimes. Often. Usually.

13. I want to have a house full of babies one day. I know that’s what I was put on this earth to do.

14. I can recite every line to “Steel Magnolias.” My friend Whitney can vouch for me.


15. I am a nurturer by nature.

16. Without my husband, I would starve. I cannot cook.

17. I think that thoughtfulness is one of the best qualities a person can have.

18. I have mad thumb-war skills due to my abnormally fat thumbs.


19. I regret not learning how to cook my grandmother’s bread pudding. It was ah-mazing.

20. I have a Type-A personality. It’s exhausting.

21. I get intimidated by cooking shows.

22. Sometimes I choose a bottle of wine solely because I like the label. It’s a very sophisticated selection process.


23. I think I am much taller than I really am. 
Until a year or so ago, I thought I was as tall as LeBron James. True story.
24. I hate to be cold when I sleep. It makes me very cranky.

25. I never know the names of songs or who sings them. And it annoys me when people say, “Gah, you don’t know who sings this?!?” People, I don’t care. And even if I did, #8 would prevent me from recalling it for your little trivia game.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment