Monday, February 28, 2011

Battle with the Post-Bridal Bulge: Week 5

T-minus 10 days. Crunch Time.
We leave for Aruba in 10 days and we are so excited! We can't wait to get back to the beach and relax with our family for eight days. But before we leave for paradise, I have to bust my butt.

Beach = Swimsuit = Boot Camp every day. 

At Boot Camp we've been challenged to do a 14-Day Fat Flush Challenge. Here are the rules:
  • Pay $20 tomorrow (March 1)
  • Get measured
  • Eat only meats and veggies (no starchy carbs) for 14 days (ending March 14)
  • Anyone who catches you cheating is encouraged to tattle on you via Facebook
  • You have to pay $20 for each indiscretion
  • The woman who has not had any indiscretions, wins the pot of money. If there is a tie, the woman with the highest percent of change wins the pot.
Because of the dates of our trip, I am not able to officially participate in the competition. Which is very convenient, because it turns out that I'm also a

(chicken, for my slower readers)


I really, really love my carbs: breads, pastas, rice....pretty much everything in the "do not eat column." But I think that if I did participate, I might look a little more like this in Aruba:

THIS IS NOT ME....THIS IS MY GOAL TUMMY :)

Who are we kidding? I'm not going to look like that in time, but it's good to have GOALS! So I am going to participate in the Food Flush the week before my trip. It's going to be really difficult for me- a true test of my willpower (and a little telling of my vanity) for me to eat only meat and veggies (blugh!) for 7 days. Hopefully I can talk Ryan into doing this with me. I find misery strength in numbers.

I know that it's a good thing for my body and ultimately, I want to be healthy, right? So yeah, sign me up. (Unofficially, of course)

Oh yes, one other little detail. None of this either.




Boo.

(Side note: We will get that dang beach picture if it's the last thing I do. I might even frame it after all of this hard work!*)

Beginning measurements:

  • Weight: 126 (up 11 lbs since September!)
  • Arms: 22 mm
  • Waist: 32 mm
  • Legs: 22 mm
  • % of Body Fat: 28.99%
  • 36.53 lbs of Body Fat
  • 89.47 lbs of Lean Body Weight

Week 5 measurements:
  • Weight: 124 lbs (down 2 lb since December)
  • Arms: 14 mm (down 8 mm!)
  • Waist: 18 mm (down 14 mm!!!)
  • Legs: 16 mm (down 6 mm)
  • % of Body Fat:19.98% <-- this now puts me in the "athletic" category instead of "fitness" WOO HOO! (down 9.01%)
  • 24.78 lbs of Body Fat (down 11.57 lbs!)
  • 99.22 lbs of Lean Body Weight (up 9.75 lbs!)

Yes, you read that right. I've lost 11.57 lbs of fat in five weeks. That's amazing to me!


Oops I...:

  • failed at my goal of no sodas; I had two Dr. Peppers this week
  • had two McD's sausage biscuits while we were at the beach. I totally blame Ryan for buying them.
  • stuffed my face with a 1,460 (+/-) calorie meal from this evil little chain on our way back from the beach. Hamburger, fries AND a the first of my two soft drinks. I'm trying not to think about how good it was and focus on how bad it was for me.
  • ate an extra helping of penne alfredo. I really love my carbs!

Proud because I...:
  • am still eating breakfast every morning
  • have not taken my post-workout nap since my Week 2 goal.
  • have not eaten Chick-Fil-A one time in five weeks, despite many temptations
  • went to Boot Camp on Saturday to get one more workout in
  • won Friday's Olympic Challenge at Boot Camp
  • am starting to see some results! :)

Goal for this week...
  • Get myself mentally and physically ready for the Food Flush next week
  • Go to Boot Camp next Saturday at 9 am (will I see you there?)
  • Go for a run on Sunday

Fat Fact:
  • Get a Mustache: Consuming 1,800 milligrams of calcium a day could block the absorption of about 80 calories, according to a University of Tennessee study. Jump-start your calcium intake by filling your coffee mug with fat-free or 1 percent milk, drinking it down to the level you want in your coffee, then pouring in your caffeine fix. That's 300 milligrams down, 1,500 to go. (According to Women's Health Magazine)

So next week I may really need some encouragement. And patience- sometimes food restrictions make me cranky.  If you are interested in Memphis Adventure Boot Camp, please check it out here. Or find them on Facebook. Dexter has added extra times, so find out which one works best for your schedule and get there. I'd love for you to be my guest as you try it out!

*I'm kidding. I'm not that vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment