Friday, February 18, 2011

Battle with the Post-Bridal Bulge: Week 4

This post comes a few days early because of a fun, unexpected trip I get to take this weekend. Keep reading, details below.

I'm not going to lie, this week has been tough. Personally I had some things going on that just made it hard to stay dedicated to my fitness and nutrition. I found that I justified my slip ups by saying, "Well, I've had a bad week." Like I mentioned in  my first post, I am the queen of excuses and rationalizations.

I have to teach myself that no matter how stressful or overwhelming my life is, THIS part must stay constant. Bad days don't give me a free pass to skip Boot Camp (although I do think the extra sleep did me some good) or overeat.

I also noticed that when I slip up once, it becomes a slippery slope for me. For example, last week I set a goal for no cokes (or sodas, for my Northern friends). This Tuesday I got really thirsty on the way to my doctor's appointment. Knowing that it was happy hour at Sonic, I pulled on in and ordered up a large cherry limeade. It wasn't until later that I realized that cherry limeades have Sprite in them. (Duh!) And thanks to Megan Gatewood, I now know that I would've been better off just ordering the Dr. Pepper I really wanted, because it turns out cherry limeades aren't so good for you. See?


340 calories?? Are you serious? I would've ordered tater tots instead of wasting them on a stupid drink!

My point is that once I realized that I had failed on my goal of no soft drinks, I ate a few more chips with Ponchos white cheese dip (yes, AGAIN!) and slept in for Boot Camp on Thursday. I think I just rationalized that since I'd already blown it, I could go all out. NOT A GOOD IDEA. It's never too late to salvage my goals; slip ups happen and are allowed. It's called being human. Getting back on that metaphorical horse and trying again is what really matters.

Ryan and I are going to Aruba in exactly three weeks and I am committed to working really hard to look good for that beach photo. We are going to get a practice run this weekend with a spontaneous weekend trip to Sand Destin! Although it might not be ocean-swimming weather (the high should be around 67), we will be on the beach. With sand. And friends. And hopefully some good seafood.

And that makes me really happy.

Beginning measurements:

  • Weight: 126 (up 11 lbs since September!)
  • Arms: 22 mm
  • Waist: 32 mm
  • Legs: 22 mm
  • % of Body Fat: 28.99%
  • 36.53 lbs of Body Fat
  • 89.47 lbs of Lean Body Weight

Week 4 measurements:
  • Weight: 123.4 (down 2.6 lbs)
  • Arms: 16 mm (down 6 mm)
  • Waist: 26 mm (down 6 mm)
  • Legs: 16 mm (down 6 mm)
  • % of Body Fat: 23.35% (down 5.64%) <-- this now puts me in the "fitness" category instead of "acceptable" WOO HOO!
  • 28.81 lbs of Body Fat (down 7.72 lbs!)
  • 94.59 lbs of Lean Body Weight (up 5.12 lbs!)

Oops I...:
  • Skipped Boot Camp on Tuesday and Thursday
  • Ate more than my share of white Ponchos cheese dip and chips
  • Drank a 340 calorie cherry limeade that wasn't that good considering the calories
  • Had a few dollops of sour cream with my taco soup.

Proud because I...:
  • I'm not really proud of too much this week, but I guess I can be proud that I went to Boot Camp three days this week instead of the zero attendance I was tempted to pull.
  • I ate breakfast every morning.

Goal for this week...:
  • I'm going to take another shot at a soft drink-free week. I can do this!

Healthy tip: 

No comments:

Post a Comment