Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 8, 1982: The Day of My Birth

I realize I am tardy with this post and considered skipping it all together, but it was just too great not to tell you about!

December 8, 2010 marked my 28th birthday. This was my first birthday as a wife, and can I just say that my husband knocked it out of the park!

First I was treated to breakfast in bed. Bacon and pancakes, complete with candles. I'm spoiled, I tell you.


I had a great day at work, then we went to Restaurant Iris for my birthday dinner with our bests, Megan and Justin. 

(See that great pink sweater and black belt that I'm wearing? That's courtesy of my husband!)

Here's the thing about Restaurant Iris: Although I admit that I might be biased, no one can argue that Chef Kelly and his staff make your meal an EVENT, no matter who you are or what night you dine. The amount of attention to detail and service you receive is simply outstanding. And the food's not too shabby, either. 

I am a bit of a creature of habit and usually stick with ordering the things I know. At Restaurant Iris, it's usually the always-delicious amandine of gulf speckled trout and cauliflower. But because it was my birthday, I decided to venture out and try the 5 course menu. Here is what I ate that night:
five course “dégustation”
  • pâté of chicken, pickled beets, and champagne
  • seared tennessee foie gras with a pomegranate “gellee” and shallot confit  
  • creole “midnight snack” of shrimp, poached egg, and remoulade
  • seared hawaiian tuna, ginger pilaf, “tum ka gai”
  • warm chocolate cake with “glüwein” iced cream
I am a little ashamed to tell you that 1) There was very little to no food left on my plate after each course and 2) I was not a good sharer. It was that dang good.

We stopped for a photo op on the way out....



We celebrated my birthday with our families coming over to the house that Friday. It was a dinner chock full of my favorites: Ryan cooked my favorite salmon, my MIL brought cauliflower mash and homemade rolls, my SIL brought green bean bundles, and my parents brought mac-n-cheese. Food heaven for me! We hung out, opened presents and focused all of our attention on this precious little one:


Then Wes and Mommy posed.....


Then Sissy and Wes picked our noses!

 (Nice photo bomb, Ryan!)

It was a great day filled with amazing people. I am so blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. I became satisfied to examine this article after looking at google, after reading I have written a piece of article about: how is rhinoplasty done Thank you for the article and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete